Re: [Art HTML Listing] Help gettin Framed TOC style able to search pdf's

ZZEE Groups

Jun 28, 2012, 6:56:27 AM6/28/12
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
>  How do I use the frames TOC template, yet keep pdf's searchable when they
> are called up?

PDFs are not handled directly by Art HTML Listing (AHL), all you can
do is to put a link to them, which AHL will do automatically. Most of
the browsers are capable to display PDFs inline (if a right plugin is
installed) and if they do, then PDFs are searchable.

> I love the program; it takes a ton of work out of this, especially for
> someone dumb as a brick when it comes to coding, but I use the program to
> quickly open a folder with a ton of pdfs & really need search!

If you mean to search by a file name, not inside a specific PDF file,
then AHL doesn't do it, you need to use browser's built-in search.

>  When trying other styles, all the single page menus can use search for
> pdfs through the browser function, but when called up through frames, the
> page seems to be using the index frame, not the called frame for search.
> Any way to fix this?

I think many browsers are capable to search across different frames on
the same window. If yours doesn't do it, try another browser.

>  While on the subject, any way to install a "search" box above the menu that
> would integrate with all the files the menu points to?

In theory this is possible (need to do a Javascript function that
would do this), but I am not sure if it will be implemented.

Paul.