Use of index w/ iframe

Bret

Feb 25, 2009, 9:25:35 AM2/25/09
to Art HTML Listing
The files are powerpoint, word, pdf. After executing these files and
closing their window the index is disabled (expand / collapse doesn't
work). I using an iframe to access the index ...

<IFRAME src="Q:\Quality OPL\index.html" width="800" height="400">
</IFRAME>

Art HTML Style used is: Expandable / Collapsable Tree w/ javascript
output.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bret
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul (ZZEE)

Feb 25, 2009, 5:11:17 PM2/25/09
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
Do you use this page on a webserver or on a local computer? Which browser
do you use? Do you see Word and other files right in the same iframe?

Internet Explorer disables Javascript if file is loaded from a local
computer for security reason, you need to click a yellow bar at the top to
enable it. Other than that, I don't see any reason why Javascript may be
disabled.

Bret

Feb 26, 2009, 3:04:27 PM2/26/09
to Art HTML Listing
Thanks Paul.
It is being used on a local computer with IE 7.
The files are launched as if from the operating system ... no attempt
is made to have them show up in a frame.

It's interesting. When I run it through a webserver it works fine.
When I run it local it works fine until it launches a word (or other
file) and when I return to the tree nothing works in that frame (other
functionality outside the frame works fine).

hmmm.
> > work).   I using an iframe to access the index ...- Hide quoted text -

Paul (ZZEE)

Feb 26, 2009, 3:14:39 PM2/26/09
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
So perhaps you need to use another browser (try Firefox, Chrome or Opera).
Internet Explorer security model is too restrictive for files loaded from
disk.

Bret

Mar 2, 2009, 12:03:52 PM3/2/09
to Art HTML Listing
Thanks Paul. After a few more meetings with the client it was
apparent that they were more interesting in an app then a web site, so
I've development over to VB. Thanks for all your help.
- Bret

Paul (ZZEE)

Mar 2, 2009, 2:20:55 PM3/2/09
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
Bret,

If you want to stick with web approach developing this application, may I
suggest ZZEE PHPExe:

http://zzee.com/phpexe/

It is a little bit pricy, but allows you to use all HTML, Javascript,
Flash, PHP, SQLite, etc, yet it creates Windows applications.