Want to remove extra white space

ewpos

May 24, 2011, 8:25:54 AM5/24/11
to Art HTML Listing
I have a very large directory that I am using AHL on. The resulting
HTML file was approximately 40% white space (extra lines between
code), which blew up the file to over 320,000 lines. I want to figure
out how to create the file without all of this wasted space. Since I
will need to update this file every day or two, I can't clean it up
manually.

Suggestions?

Erik P.

Paul (ZZEE)

May 24, 2011, 1:25:26 PM5/24/11
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

You can edit the template you are using (first create a copy of it), and
then you can remove all white space from the template, the template is
just a text file, and the file generated will contain no whitespace.

Paul.

ewpos

May 25, 2011, 3:11:50 PM5/25/11
to Art HTML Listing
Paul,
Maybe I forgot to mention that I am using the expandable tree
template. I am still getting thousands of lines of white space in the
HTML code of the finished index file. Sometimes only 5 blank lines
between lines of code, sometimes 200+.
Is this a function of the program and not the template?
Erik

Paul (ZZEE)

May 26, 2011, 10:10:41 AM5/26/11
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
> Maybe I forgot to mention that I am using the expandable tree template.
> am still getting thousands of lines of white space in the HTML code of
> the
> finished index file. Sometimes only 5 blank lines between lines of code,
> sometimes 200+. Is this a function of the program and not the template?

If you remove all blank space from the template, there will be no extra
white space in the output.

No, white space is not a function of the program, it does everything just
according to the template.