Are contributions to the arrayfire docs accepted?

ErrataC

Apr 7, 2021, 1:26:17 PM4/7/21
to ArrayFire Users

As I've been using the library I've noticed the documentation is lacking in a few minor ways. I was wondering if there was a way I could contribute to the documentation to fix some of this.

Pradeep Garigipati

Apr 7, 2021, 1:45:04 PM4/7/21
to ErrataC, ArrayFire Users
Hey ErrataC,

Yes, we appreciate community contributions. The more the merrier!

You need to clone the repository. You need doxygen installed on your system.

For improving function arguments related documentation, you would have to edit the headers directly.
https://github.com/arrayfire/arrayfire/tree/master/include/af

For improving and/or adding detailed explanations on a specific function's implementation, you have to modify the files under
https://github.com/arrayfire/arrayfire/tree/master/docs/details

If you want add any new tutorials, you would have to add a new markdown file under https://github.com/arrayfire/arrayfire/tree/master/docs/pages

Follow these instructions when raising a PR https://github.com/arrayfire/arrayfire/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

For further guidance, once you raise a PR, we can take forward the conversation on the PR.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,
Pradeep.