Ubuntu install broken by 3.8.1 release

Haydn Vestal

Jan 26, 2022, 11:45:56 AMJan 26
to ArrayFire Users
`apt install arrayfire` now fails with:

 arrayfire : Depends: arrayfire-cuda3-dev

This is from a Docker image without a GPU or CUDA driver but I assume the same failure will happen even with the CUDA driver because arrayfire-cuda-3-dev depends on "arrayfire-cuda3-cuda-<version>" and there are no such packages in the Ubuntu or ArrayFire repos. Is it possible to roll back the arrayfire package version to 3.8.0 until this dependency issue is fixed?

Thanks,
Haydn

uma...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 2:01:50 PMJan 26
to ArrayFire Users
Hi Haydn,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce what you are running into. For now I suggest you download the arrayfire-opencl3-dev and arrayfire-cpu3-dev packages directly OR add the CUDA repositories using the following steps:

You should be able to install the cuda library after you run the previous commands.

Umar

uma...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 3:39:45 PMJan 26
to ArrayFire Users
I have updated the arrayfire debian package. The arrayfire-cuda3-dev package is now recommended by the arrayfire package and will only install if you also add the cuda debian repository in the previous steps.

Umar

Haydn Vestal

Jan 27, 2022, 11:03:34 AMJan 27
to ArrayFire Users