how to remove element from array ?

Chi Ng

May 27, 2021, 7:28:12 PM5/27/21
to ArrayFire Users
if array size 4 x 4 matrix

how to remove 2 row data ?

in armadillo ,
mat A(5, 10, fill::randu);'
 mat B(5, 10, fill::randu);
 A.shed_row(2);
A.shed_cols(2,4);

Any function in ArrayFire  equal shed_row ?

Pradeep Garigipati

Jun 21, 2021, 1:52:49 AM6/21/21
to Chi Ng, ArrayFire Users
Hello Chi,

Exact operation is not possible via function/array-method I believe, but an equivalent operation can be done using indexing.

join(A(seq(0,1), span), A(seq(3, 4), span), 0) instead of A.shed_row(2)

similarly for shed_cols

join(A(span, seq(0, 1)), A(span, seq(3, 4)), 1) instead of A.shed_cols(2,4)

I haven't benchmarked the code, please run for some numbers before employing it in production code.

You are welcome to raise a feature request and we will look into it as soon as we can. You are also welcome to contribute the feature should you be interested.

Regards,
Pradeep.