ArrayFire OpenCL Issue

Muhammad Hassan Khan

Jun 4, 2021, 3:21:21 AM6/4/21
to ArrayFire Users

Hi,

I have installed ArrayFire 3.8.0 using the binary installer as per the instructions mentioned in the documentation. All dependencies were installed before installing it. NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit 11.3 is also installed. Installation was successful.

To test the installation, I have also build the examples as mentioned in the guide. There was no error during the build process. CPU & CUDA builds are running fine but OpenCL samples are not running. When I execute ./helloworld_opencl example, nothing happens on terminal. No process is shown in top & nvidia-smi.

Please guide me what could be the issue here. Clinfo command is running fine. I am on Ubuntu 20.04.

Thanks

Umar Arshad

Jun 7, 2021, 12:48:24 PM6/7/21
to ArrayFire Users
I am not sure what could be the issue. If the CPU and CUDA backends are working then the OpenCL backend should also work.  Can you post the output of clinfo?

You could also try running the program in a debugger and seeing where it is stuck. It should provide more information about the underlying problem.

Umar