cannot find entry point on windows

Chen Larry

Sep 11, 2021, 9:18:22 AM9/11/21
to ArrayFire Users
OS: Windows 10
ArrayFire Commit ID: (download installer, ArrayFire v3.8.0 (CUDA 11.2), ArrayFire v3.8.0 (CUDA, 64-bit Windows, build d99887ae))
Device Name: Intel i9-10900K, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

Problem:

I tried to run examples\unified\basic.cpp in visual studio 2017, do configuration following the instruction listed on the Arrayfire website.
When I add libcuda.lib to library path, every thing is ok, and I got the correct result.
but when I delete libcuda.lib, and add libcpu.lib to library path, I encounter the following problem:

cannot find entry point , mkl_dft_bless_node_thr on libcpu.dll.

WX20210911-211234@2x.png

ste...@arrayfire.com

Sep 16, 2021, 1:25:59 PM9/16/21
to ArrayFire Users
You need to add the ArrayFire libraries to the PATH for runtime linking, usually at "C:\Program Files\ArrayFire\v3\lib ". This can be set system-wide or appended in the "debugging" tab inside of visual studio itself. This should allow the loading of all necessary libraries. As an aside, the unified example is meant to linked/run with libaf.{dll,lib} which will then load any other available backend libs.