Armstrong v12.03.0 Released

Travis Swicegood

Mar 31, 2012, 4:04:03 PM3/31/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Howdy all;

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the latest version of Armstrong is out -- version 12.03.  This continues our scheduled releases with the 4th straight release on our three month release cycle.

There's a lot of small tweaks that have happened during this release cycle, but the one I'm most proud of is our support for Django 1.4.  As of this week, all of the stable components of Armstrong support *both* Django 1.3.1 and 1.4.  The total changes required to all of the Armstrong code-base to make this possible: a net +1 line of code!

To install the latest version, run the following from the command line:
pip install armstrong==12.03.0

If you have a previous version of Armstrong installed, you can also upgrade:
pip install --upgrade armstrong

Below are the contents of the change log for this release.  Enjoy!

-T

Django 1.4 Support
Armstrong now supports Django 1.4 and has maintained backwards compatibility with Django 1.3.1.
Armstrong Wells
Wells now support allow empty wells (you must explicitly opt-in to the new styles), provides abstract models for creating custom well models from and allows duplication in the admin.
Armstrong Sections
Sections have undergone numerous small enhancements. They now have a better admin, are more signal friendly, and have support for only showing published items.
Armstrong Layouts
The utils.render_model function now boasts configurable backends so you can customize how models are rendered.
Related Content
Backwards Incompatible Changes: The internal representation of fields have been changed to better reflect what they should. A full explanation of all changes is available in the armstrong.apps.related_content README. No database migrations are required for this new code.

Rehmetjan Tursun

Mar 31, 2012, 6:40:57 PM3/31/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Good Job, Thanks Travis.