Adding splinter tests to Armstrong

Travis Swicegood

Nov 17, 2011, 4:15:43 PM11/17/11
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Howdy all;

Quick call for help.  I want to get splinter[1] tests setup Armstrong's armstrong.core.arm_wells functionality.  We have a lot tests in that component, but nothing that's testing the actual web-exposed functionality since its all client side.  Splinter let's us run tests via Selenium that exercise the real site in a real browser (either Firefox or Chrome).

The reason I'm asking for help is that there are quite a few things we still need to do to make this work.  I've got `fab runserver` working in a pull request[2] for wells, but we still need some work to get an environment running for splinter and then creating the actual tests.

Let me know if you'd like to help out.  All it takes is a few spare cycles and some Python skills (not much -- just some).  I've created a list of things that still need to happen for these tests.  Feel free to tackle some of them and submit pull requests against my `splinter` branch on GitHub and I'll merge them in.

-T

--
Travis Swicegood | @tswicegood (most everywhere) | Senior Open Source Engineer @ Texas Tribune / Armstrong | 512.693.7051