Brent

Jan 26, 2012, 12:24:55 PM1/26/12
to Armstrong News Platform
What are the Texas Tribune and The Bay Citizen using for online Ads?

Brent O'Connor, Web Developer
World Publishing - Local. Trusted. Committed., wenatcheeworld.com

Travis Swicegood

Jan 26, 2012, 12:28:04 PM1/26/12
to Armstrong News Platform
We use Doubleclick for Publishers here at the Tribune. Not sure on
the BC side.

-T

Brent

Jan 26, 2012, 12:30:10 PM1/26/12
to Armstrong News Platform
That's what we use and I've found that it's sorta a PITA. How do you
guys handle buying and scheduling ads? Have you figured out a way to
make it self-serve?

Travis Swicegood

Jan 26, 2012, 12:33:01 PM1/26/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
One of our multimedia guys handles scheduling adds and such, so I'm not the best one to answer that.  Niran Babalola helped set that up so I'll see if he has anything to add.

-T
--
Travis Swicegood | @tswicegood (most everywhere) | Senior Open Source Engineer @ Texas Tribune / Armstrong | 512.693.7051

Brent O'Connor

Jan 26, 2012, 12:40:08 PM1/26/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
From what I can see on both your sites... there is no place for a person to just fill out a form with the ad information and payment. I would love it if our site had a self-serve module for taking money for people that just have a quick one ad run, instead of a whole campaign. We use Google DFP and it's a pain for scheduling and is way to complicated. I wish there was a simpler solution.
- Brent

Niran Babalola

Jan 26, 2012, 12:43:39 PM1/26/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, we don't do self-serve ads here, so I'm not sure how easy or
hard DFP makes it.

Niran Babalola
Director of Technology
The Texas Tribune