Self-guided Armstrong Demo

Niran Babalola

Mar 22, 2012, 8:30:57 PM3/22/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Today we've launched a publicly-accessible version of the demo site we
walked people through during South by Southwest. The code is also
available if you would run it yourself locally or on Heroku.

Demo site: http://armstrong-demo.herokuapp.com/
README / walkthrough / code: https://github.com/niran/sxswarmstrongdemo#readme

Feel free to make changes in the admin (username: admin, password:
admin) and we'll reset the data periodically.

Stay tuned for our next full release of Armstrong at the end of the month.

Niran Babalola
Director of Technology
The Texas Tribune
512-716-8699 — Office
775-576-4726 — Mobile
http://www.texastribune.org/

Brent

Mar 23, 2012, 11:36:21 AM3/23/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Could you guys install docutils so we could view templatetags, etc in the admin documentation?

Travis Swicegood

Mar 23, 2012, 12:10:40 PM3/23/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
I don't see why not.  Is it just a matter of changing the requirements file?  I've actually never used the admin docs.

-T
--
Travis Swicegood | @tswicegood (most everywhere) | Senior Open Source Engineer @ Texas Tribune / Armstrong | 512.693.7051

Brent O'Connor

Mar 23, 2012, 12:26:50 PM3/23/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
The admin docs are pretty handy at times.

--
Epicserve
Brent O'Connor

Niran Babalola

Mar 23, 2012, 7:32:23 PM3/23/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Added.

Niran Babalola
Director of Technology
The Texas Tribune
512-716-8699 — Office
775-576-4726 — Mobile
http://www.texastribune.org/

Neil Halloran

Mar 30, 2012, 5:32:15 PM3/30/12
to Armstrong News Platform
Hey Niran -

I attempted to install the and run the demo locally, but ran into some
errors with the pip install.

If it is something with my environment, no worries - I'll debug. But
before I dig in, I do want to confirm that the install instruction you
provided have been tested to work on another machine (w/o Armstrong
installed already etc).

I ask because I noticed some things with the install code below. (1)
there does not seem to be a requirements/project.txt file in the repo,
so I tried requirements.txt. (2) I did a clone not checkout since it
was my initial pull.

git checkout git://github.com/dmclain/sxswarmstrongdemo.git
cd sxswarmstrong_demo
pip install -r requirements/project.txt
armstrong runserver
< point a browser at http://localhost:8000/ >

Thanks! Really excited about this project,
Neil

Niran Babalola

Mar 30, 2012, 6:37:49 PM3/30/12
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that. Relying on a master branch in the instructions I
sent was a bad idea. Try the instructions here:
https://github.com/niran/sxswarmstrongdemo/tree/2012-03-30

Niran Babalola
Director of Technology
The Texas Tribune