Re: [armstrong] Deploy Armstrong Apache mod_wsgi [Issue]

Travis Swicegood

Mar 19, 2013, 8:18:56 AM3/19/13
to armstr...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

If you're using the default Armstrong project template, you should be using "testapp.settings.production", rather than simply "testapp.settings".

Another point, here at the Texas Tribune we configure the virtualenv at the Apache level as noted in the documentation here:

Are you getting a specific exception in Apache's error log?  Could you post a Gist of that?

-T
--
Travis Swicegood | @tswicegood (most everywhere) | Director of Technology @ Texas Tribune

On Mar 18, 2013, at 7:57 PM, Vesselin Vitanov <v.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello folks,

currently I am experiencing an problem with deploying armstrong (for first time) to production server. I am using Apache server and virtualenv. At the moment I am getting error 500. As far as I traced back it is related to the wsgi configuration. Most probably misconfiguration, but I am still not getting it fix. My configuration is

import os
import sys
import site

site.addsitedir('/the/path/to/.env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/')

sys.path.append('home/path/to/Projects/')
sys.path.append('home/path/to/Projects/testapp/')

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'testapp.settings'

import django.core.handlers.wsgi
application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

I am calling Django settings and I assume by doing so, I am loading settings.py in case of django app. Is this suppose to be different in the case of armstrong cms? Do I have to specify in this wsgi file, the production option for the settings? Or maybe my focus should be on the virtualenv. Any advice will be appreciated. :)