MBC Saturday Trip @ Horn Pond

Paul Ippolito

May 20, 2024, 8:00:29 AMMay 20
to Arlington Birds
On Saturday, May 18, 11 birders joined our trip to Horn Pond in Woburn.  It was VERY quiet in terms of migrants at Horn Pond on Saturday after having quite a variety over the last week.

Highlights for the trip were extended looks at Field sparrow, Orchard Orioles, and Green Heron as well as a nice adult male Cooper's Hawk.  a few participants that had Merlin running picked up Wilson's Warbler and Orange-crowned Warbler but none of our participants heard or saw them, thus they are not on our list.

In total we tallied 44 species, though not all participants saw or heard all of the birds.

full listing below.

- Paul Ippolito

Canada Goose

Mute Swan