Sometimes It's Better to Look Down When Birding PT 2 (Very shory)

PAUL ROBERTS

May 24, 2024, 5:49:21 AMMay 24
to mass...@world.std.com, ArlingtonBirds
Following my lengthy post on three unusual sightings that happened while looking down rather than up while birding on Plum Island, Julie and I suffered "ironic poetic retribution." Sitting on the railing along the swamp on the road at Hellcat, looking at several of the roughly 1,237,421 American Redstart immature males and females we saw that day, someone informed us that a Meadow Vole had just run across the road toward us, running between the legs of Julie and the friend sitting next to her. Neither of them, nor I sitting on Julie's other side, saw the vole.  We should have been looking down.....

Best,
Paul

Paul M. Roberts
Medford, MA