MBC meeting tomorrow night, Tuesday June 25

Paul Ippolito

Jun 24, 2024, 8:19:41 PM (4 days ago) Jun 24
to Arlington Birds

Fellow MBC members,

As a reminder we will have our last meeting of the year on tomorrow, Tuesday night, June 25th – “Rarified Air – One Passionate Birders’ Big Year Quest” at the Jenks center in Winchester.  Doors will open at 5:30 PM for set up and social time and the presentation will begin promptly at 6:00 PM.  (Please note the earlier than normal start time)

Do however continue to look at our e-mails as we continually look to add trips or updated information based upon what is being seen, weather and availability of our leaders.

Keep exploring your local patches as our breeding birds are spectacular and always be prepared for a surprise, report what you are seeing and enjoy all that our area has to offer.

Tuesday June 25

5:30 PMSocial Time, 6:00 Meeting Start

Rarified Air – One Passionate Birders’ Big Year Quest

Gino Ellison – Jenks Center, Winchester

The Menotomy Bird Club will be hosting a meeting on Tuesday, June 25th @ 6:00 PM at the Jenks Center, 109 Skillings Road in Winchester as Gino Ellison will share his experiences as he undertook his ”Big Year” in 2023.

Have you ever wondered how many different bird species could you dream of seeing, capturing a sound recording of or photographing from January 1 to December 31 of any given year? Have you ever considered doing a Big Year either at the ABA level or the county level or the state level? Why would you want to even do one? How does one plan out all the logistics to ensure that each of the important states are visited at the most opportune times? Can you do this alone or do you need to seek out help?

Well then join us on June 25th and meet Big Year Birder Gino Ellison to learn about the mishaps, the successes, the lessons learned along the way, the hilarious birding stories, the new life-time friends met along the way and the joy of reporting 801 bird species during 2023

Doors open at 5:30 for set up and social time and the meeting starts promptly at 6:00 PM.

If you are interested in leading a trip, please reach out to Alan Ankers, Renee LaFontaine or myself, the club would be so lucky to have you lead.

Please continue to post your observations.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Paul Ippolito
Woburn