Bike to School (Oct 12th)

Stephen Hughes

Sep 20, 2022, 4:06:49 PM9/20/22
to arling...@googlegroups.com

Fellow Riders

Folks I am feeling inspired and have charted and got permission from my school’s principal to do a 1 day Bike Bus. And our regular 3/5 families that bike on board to hopefully encourage others. My children attend STM(Catholic School) our families are from all over Arlington, and Fairfax/Alexandria. I had some questions about any Arlington specific coordination going on. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be greatly appreciate.

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone

Jeff Anderson

Sep 20, 2022, 4:19:25 PM9/20/22
to arling...@googlegroups.com
Why do you need permission from a principal?

Regards

Jeff Anderson

--
~
Please make sure you intend to send your message to the WHOLE list before you simply hit reply & send.  Thanks!

Ride safe, have fun. You are loved.

- For more options, visit this group at
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Arlington BAC" group.

Gillian Burgess

Sep 20, 2022, 4:31:25 PM9/20/22
to arling...@googlegroups.com
Great job, Stephen!

I lead Escuela Key's bicibús (bike train/bus) that runs Fridays from Courthouse by W-L HS to Escuela Key (on George Mason just west of Ballston).  Campbell also has a bike train that has a few branches that meet in Long Branch Park for the last leg. I'm not sure of any other bike trains in APS. I believe Campbell's is Thursdays. At Key, we haven't decided whether we'll do a special ride on the Wednesday that's BTSD

APS hasn't yet hired a replacement Safe Routes to Schools coordinator, so I'm not who is coordinating BTSD in October. Maybe Bike/Walk Arlington folks know?

Not sure what you mean by Arlington - specific coordination, but does that help?

If anyone is interested in starting or supporting a bike train, let me know. Generally, you don't need permission from anyone (private schools may be different) but it definitely helps to have the school's support. Kids LOVE biking to school, so once you start it, it's likely to grow. We nearly 20 kids - as much as on many school buses - for Escuela Key's last week!

Best
Gillian

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arlington-bac/1506764267.274755.1663705162590%40mail.yahoo.com.