what would you like to discuss at the Feb. 6th BAC meeting?

Cynthia Palmer

Jan 30, 2023, 1:30:24 PM1/30/23
to Arlington BAC, Leah Gerber
Hi BAC,

Please send me a quick note today if there are topics you're hoping to cover in the Feb. BAC meeting, which is just a week away.

Thanks!
Cynthia

or

Gillian Burgess

Jan 30, 2023, 2:38:34 PM1/30/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com
In the budget ideas, there was a lot of talk of the lack of trail maintenance. Would DPR be willing to come to discuss?

Another issue I've run into is problems with basic Report a Problem -- I'll report something like a pothole, and it'll take weeks for any action. Then it'll often be closed with no comment. Sometimes it's fixed, sometimes it's not. Sometimes a different, nearby, problem is fixed. When there is a comment, it's often "this is not our problem" without more. For example, I've gotten "this is APS property" without Arlington reporting the issue to APS, "this is VDOT's problem" without Arlington reporting the issue to VDOT, or, my favorite "this is not the problem my specific group works on" without the commenter forwarding the issue to the appropriate group. I don't think I'm the only one frustrated by this.

Thanks
Gillian

--
~
Please make sure you intend to send your message to the WHOLE list before you simply hit reply & send. Thanks!

Ride safe, have fun. You are loved.

- For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/arlington-bac?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Arlington BAC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arlington-bac/1631872155.865528.1675103420081%40mail.yahoo.com.

Steve Offutt

Jan 31, 2023, 11:10:58 PM1/31/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Didn't we have someone come talk about this a couple of times before? Report a problem has been a problem for at least 5 years, maybe longer. It's never been adequately fixed and still suffers, as Gillian points out, from the same deficiencies I and others pointed out years ago.
It's less a problem with the system than with accountability.
Steve

Steve Offutt

Jan 31, 2023, 11:18:43 PM1/31/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com, Leah Gerber
Can we get updates on the Glebe Road bridge and Dominion power substation projects.

Also, what is going on on 18th St. S near Fern? Lots of road construction with wildly inconsistent bike and ped MOT. Looks like two separate projects: one is Dominion and one is street rebuilding.

And is it worth any of our time to discuss the Columbia Pike catastrophe?

Cheers,
Steve
--
~