Fw: Invitation: Long Bridge Bike-Ped Bridge Stakeholder meeting

Cynthia Palmer

Feb 1, 2023, 8:42:31 PM2/1/23
to Arlington BAC, Pamela Van Hine
Hi all -- the Virginia Passenger Rail Authority has space for two BAC participants in person (and an unlimited # online) to discuss the design of the Long Bridge Bike-Ped Bridge at their meeting on Monday Feb. 13. Who would like to be a part of this meeting?
See below.
Thanks,
c.

Feb 2, 2023, 9:33:55 AM2/2/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com
Also would be a good idea to check in with other partners, WABA, NaLa BID, to find out if they are attending and to coordinate messages.

Charlie

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 9:13 AM Formerly of The Daves <daa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow. This is huge! Pick your strongest players because I suspect this may be the only time you get a personalized invitation to an in-person meeting with them. I'd say two people max from the BAC. Definitely get your speaking points in order and stick to them. No more than three seems about right. I can't stress this enough: Stay on message.
I'd kill to be there myself but I'm going to be out of town. So I'll be there with you in spirit. HMU if you need prep help.
DG
--
~
Please make sure you intend to send your message to the WHOLE list before you simply hit reply & send. Thanks!

Ride safe, have fun. You are loved.

- For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/arlington-bac?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Arlington BAC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arlington-bac/b3f990e7-46bb-44fb-8627-b10b2d2d0ab4n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Charlie Denney, President
Potomac and Chesapeake Cycling

Cynthia Palmer

Feb 2, 2023, 9:39:31 AM2/2/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Van Hine
Good to know, Dave and Charlie, and feel free to forward the notice in case not everyone received it. Thanks!

The tricky part is the timing.  Monday, February 13, 2023, at 11:30AM.
I have four work meetings every Monday morning, and I fear others are in the same boat...

Anyhow, I agree it seems like a really important meeting. So let's try to be well represented -- in person and/or online. And that makes sense about preparing talking points/ highest priorities in advance.
Thx,
c.

Chris Slatt

Feb 2, 2023, 9:45:59 AM2/2/23
to arling...@googlegroups.com
SusMo & WABA both got invites (interestingly - about 2 weeks before this particular invite came out, which we also received).  The SusMo Letter & WABA Letter that (I believe) prompted this stakeholder meeting are attached.  I believe they are useful context.

Chris

WABA Letter re Long Bridge Width (1).pdf
SusMo Comments VPRA Long Bridge 2022-11-17.pdf