August BikeArlington Update

David Balick

Sep 14, 2022, 1:26:26 PMSep 14
to Arlington BAC

Hi Everyone –

This is a high-level summary report from BikeArlington of things we’ve been up to in the past couple of months and what we have ahead. Feel free to reach out to me or Henry Dunbar with any questions. See you all tonight!

Events

  • Electric Ride Experience at the Arlington County Fair 8/19-21: BikeArlington & WalkArlington were joined by Arlington scooter providers at the county fair to offer electric mobility device test rides throughout the weekend. We had multiple cargo bikes, e-bikes, and e-scooters available to try.
  • Public Safety Block Party 8/27: To close out August we offered cargo bike trials and created a strider bike course for kids and families at Kenmore Middle School. We were excited to be back at this event and had 250 engagements over the course of the day.
  • Back to School Bike Fair 9/10: This past weekend we partnered with KidicalMass Arlington, Girls in Gear, Phoenix Bikes, and Trek Clarendon to put on our first ever Back to School Bike Fair. We provided Arlington students with free bike checks, bike classes, giveaways, and more! The event was a success with 150 people in attendance.

Upcoming Events

  • Thing Big! About the Future of Movement 10/2: We will be at the NOVA Alexandria Campus offering e-bike, cargo bike, and e-scooter test rides as a part of the larger electric transportation event. Registration is available here.
  • Bike Classes: We have partnered once again with WABA to offer a full slate of fall bike classes.

Resources

Capital Bikeshare

  • CaBi trips across the region have rebounded to pre-pandemic levels, with systemwide trips in June, July, & August about 7% more than 2019. Arlington trip totals this summer are just 3% under 2019.
  • Arlington is set to add the 108th station in the county later this month at VHC (N. George Mason & 16th).
  • Arlington Equity Program memberships have reached almost 200. Nonprofits serving low-income populations that might want to offer their clients $5 memberships should contact Henry....@BikeArlington.com.