moving database

Tom Brughmans

May 14, 2009, 6:26:38 AM5/14/09
to arkusers
Hi all,
In what folders are ARK databases stored (in MySQL folders,
phpmyadmin, ark or htdocs)?
I want to transfer an ARK database from my laptop to a PC (both with
all the necessary software up and running). I copied the entire ARK
folder into the new htdocs folder, but I'm not sure what documents I
should import into phpmyadmin to get the database tables I already
created?
cheers
Tom

Henriette Roued

May 14, 2009, 6:31:22 AM5/14/09
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

What I normally do when I move ARK around (which happens quite a lot) is to go to phpMyAdmin and export the database and then go to the new server and again in phpMyAdmin import the database again. Then of course go tot the settings file and tell it the new passwords and stuff for the new DB.

I don't know if you are using phpMyAdmin or not, but if not there are also ways of exporting and importing the DB via the command line.

Hope that was the answer you where looking for.

Best,
Henriette

Tom Brughmans

May 14, 2009, 6:36:04 AM5/14/09
to arkusers
That was indeed what I was looking for! I thought the export function
might have something to do with it but just wanted to make sure if
there were any ARK-specific files I should know of. Thanks for the
fast answer!

Tom

On May 14, 11:31 am, Henriette Roued <henriettero...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> What I normally do when I move ARK around (which happens quite a lot) is to
> go to phpMyAdmin and export the database and then go to the new server and
> again in phpMyAdmin import the database again. Then of course go tot the
> settings file and tell it the new passwords and stuff for the new DB.
>
> I don't know if you are using phpMyAdmin or not, but if not there are also
> ways of exporting and importing the DB via the command line.
>
> Hope that was the answer you where looking for.
>
> Best,
> Henriette

Henriette Roued

May 14, 2009, 6:41:37 AM5/14/09
to arku...@googlegroups.com
No it is just that one database you need to export/import.

Your welcome

--
Henriette Roued Olsen
Doctoral Researcher

The Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents
Ioannou School for Research in Classical and Byzantine Studies
University of Oxford
66 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LU

Brasenose College
Oxford, OX1 4AJ