Problems

Luismi

Sep 26, 2011, 12:07:56 PM9/26/11
to arkusers
Hello,

I have problems with ark, everything seems to be fine, but when i try
to acces to the index.php file only appears this message:

"Error making db connection to localhost using user: sqluser and
password sqlpassword server returned error:
Access denied for user 'sqluser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I have created a user in mysql with phpmyadmin, that calls sqluser.

And the rest of php files appear in blank when I open them with the
browser.
Maybe is just a simple readjusting or something like that, but I don't
know what could be.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Guy Hunt

Sep 26, 2011, 1:10:02 PM9/26/11
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luismi,

It sounds like you have a little problem with the username and password settings in "/config/env_settings.php".

First of all, double check that the username and password have been set correctly. The strings are:

        // The mysql user who will make all the db calls
        $sql_user = 'sqluser';
        // The mysql user's password
        $sql_pwd = 'sqlpassword';

You need to set these for the type of server you are using: mac, ms4w, linux etc. If you let me know what type of server you are on I will give you the exact line number.

Let me know how you get on.

Guy

Luís Miguel Royo Pérez

Sep 27, 2011, 5:57:24 AM9/27/11
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guy,

I'm using Linux Ubuntu, thanks a lot for your reply.

2011/9/26 Guy Hunt <guy....@gmail.com>

Luís Miguel Royo Pérez.
Licenciado en Historia
Arqueólogo colegiado Nº 16218

Av. Blasco Ibañez nº 1. Manises (Valencia)
Teléfonos 679846103 y 961545792
email: luis.mig...@gmail.com

Luís Miguel Royo Pérez

Sep 27, 2011, 12:20:47 PM9/27/11
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guy,

I've fixed that problem, and now appears the log in screen, I've entered this: The standard user is sql_php_user with a password of 'test' but nothing happened I get the user_home.php file but is in blank, I think is a question of user name and password. Can you tell me where can I change this or at least consult it?

Thanks a lot.

Guy Hunt

Sep 27, 2011, 2:07:38 PM9/27/11
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

The username and password strings for a Linux installation can be found on line 151 and 153 of env_settings.php. All of the settings for the Linux distribution begin at line 134 of the file.

        // The mysql user who will make all the db calls
        $sql_user = 'sqluser';
        // The mysql user's password
        $sql_pwd = 'sqlpassword';

This username and password MUST be a valid user on your mysql database. Are you using phpMyAdmin to work with your MySQL database? You should change these strings to match the username and password that you have set up when you created the database. (Do NOT use the 'root' user).

Note: This username and password is NOT the same as the user that you need to use to log in to ARK. Once you see the login screen, you need to put in a username and password on that is valid on ARK. The example ARK has the user Jane Doe.

username: doe_jd
password: janedoe

Once you log in as Jane Doe, you will be able to create and administer new users on the system.

If you are still having problems, please get in touch. If you are getting a plain 'white' page or 'blank' page, this means that something in your setup is calling a fatal error. The default setting in ARK is to turn off error reporting. You can increase the error reporting by changing the settings at the top of the "config/settings.php" file. Try sending me any erors that you get reported after you turn error reporting up to "e_all"

Thanks,

Guy

2011/9/27 Luís Miguel Royo Pérez <luis.mig...@gmail.com>

--
Guy Hunt

guy....@gmail.com

Stuart Eve

Sep 27, 2011, 7:05:26 AM9/27/11
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis

It sounds to me like you may have a problem with your sqluser setup.

Can you make sure that your user called 'sqluser' has the password of 'sqlpassword' and also has at least INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE privileges on your ARK database. Of course if you wanted to change the name of the sqluser and its password (recommended!) then make sure you update the env_settings.php (around line 150 for the linux setup).

HTH

Stuart

patrick dolan

Oct 26, 2013, 12:29:00 PM10/26/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First, thank you for making this program freely available. I'm having a similar problem as Luis. I've downloaded MAMP (I'm running ARK on a  MacBook) and ARK version 1.0 from sourceforge. I've dropped the unpacked ark folder tree into htdocs within MAMP and have set up a new user ("sqluser") and password ("sqlpassword") with the complete set of permissions. I've also imported the ark.sql file from within the ark folder tree in MAMP (hopefully that's the right move). The localhost:8888/ark webpage opens just fine, but the user/login "doe_jd" and "janedoe" take me to a blank page.

Many thanks,
Patrick

Jess Ogden

Oct 27, 2013, 12:14:48 PM10/27/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick -

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear that you're having troubles with setup. Did you turn on error reporting, as Guy suggests in the previous post? It's located at the top of your settings.php file, set it to 'all' if you haven't already. Are you getting any useful feedback there?

Best wishes,
Jess

patrick dolan

Oct 28, 2013, 1:30:48 AM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Jess, many thanks for the quick reply. No, shifting the reporting in the settings.php file from "0" to "E_ALL" results in no visible change (another blank page). Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Patrick

Stuart Eve

Oct 28, 2013, 5:31:28 AM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick

You are probably also going to need to turn error display on as well. You can do this in your php.ini file? See:

Alternatively you should be able to add

ini_set('display_errors','on');

into your settings.php file.

Stu
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to arkusers+u...@googlegroups.com.

patrick dolan

Oct 28, 2013, 1:37:46 PM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Stu, I followed your advice and added the ini_set... to the settings.php file. Success, of a sort. Here's the error that is printed once I try to log in:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_register() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ark/php/global_functions.php on line 107

I've taken a look at the "offending" line. It's attached to the call:

93:  function reqArkVar($var, $default=FALSE)
107: session_register($var);

There are a number of additional errors (mostly regarding deprecated functions [eregi(), mysqlconncect()], but also a warning:

session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ark/php/global_functions.php:7921) )

 that are printed on the login screen itself. I can pass them along if it becomes necessary.

Many thanks again for the assistance,
Patrick

Stuart Eve

Oct 28, 2013, 3:20:54 PM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com, arku...@googlegroups.com
Right! Let me guess, you are on a version of PHP greater than 5.4.0? Seems like session_register() is now so deprecated it has been removed from the PHP core functionality.

We'll have to put together a patch to change any reference to it. Am not infront of a computer at mo - but could probably look at this tomorrow.

Thanks for catching the bug for us and we'll get onto the fix ASAP.

Stu

patrick dolan

Oct 28, 2013, 3:40:34 PM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
Looks to be the case. I'm running MAMP 2.2, which appears to run PHP 5.4.19.

Patrick

patrick dolan

Oct 28, 2013, 3:42:15 PM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com
I should amend that last message. There are four PHP folder trees in MAMP 2.2 for Mac, ranging from 5.2.x to 5.5.x.

Patrick

Guy Hunt

Oct 28, 2013, 4:09:31 PM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com, Stuart Eve, Michael Johnson
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for looking into this and thanks for your patience. The older (currently released) v1.0 code is a a little bit out of date. The newer unreleased code hasn't got these register_session calls.

Clearly a new release is long overdue, but in the meantime, the simplest thing would be for one of us to send you a fresh export of the latest code. That would have the added benefit of getting you onto the latest code already.

Cheers,

Guy

Guy Hunt

L - P : Archaeology
www.lparchaeology.com

L - P : Archaeology is the trading name of L - P : Heritage LLP  Registered in England and Wales OC366545
Registered office address: Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing, BN11 1QR

patrick dolan

Oct 28, 2013, 5:42:18 PM10/28/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com, Stuart Eve, Michael Johnson
Guy, it'd be great to have the latest code. What's the best way to proceed?

Patrick

Guy Hunt

Oct 29, 2013, 8:31:48 AM10/29/13
to arku...@googlegroups.com, Stuart Eve, Michael Johnson
Hi Patrick,

We'll zip up the latest code and a fresh empty DB for you, hopefully some time today.

Cheers,

Guy

Andy Walsh

Feb 12, 2015, 2:18:37 PM2/12/15
to arku...@googlegroups.com, stua...@lparchaeology.com, m.jo...@lparchaeology.com
Hi all

I'm trying to setup ARK on my computer but I'm running into a few problems. I'm using MAMP 3.0.3.7 with php 5.4.4. After the initial setup I get the following message when browsing to ARK:

An Error occurred!Error making db connection to localhost using user: arkuser and password password server returned error:
SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'arkuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Notice: Undefined variable: db in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ark/php/db_functions.php on line 75

Fatal error: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ark/php/db_functions.php on line 75

I've checked and re-checked all my settings according to the basic installation guide on the Wiki. Any ideas?

Andy Walsh

Feb 13, 2015, 2:28:16 AM2/13/15
to arku...@googlegroups.com, stua...@lparchaeology.com, m.jo...@lparchaeology.com
Hi

I got that problem sorted quickly - it was an incorrect setup of the arkuser account. So all sorted. I'd really like to try it out with one of the pre-configured examples but only just noticed that they're not compatible with v1.1. Have you got any updates planned or available?

Cheers!

Michael Johnson

Feb 13, 2015, 4:12:50 AM2/13/15
to Andy Walsh, arku...@googlegroups.com, Stuart Eve
Hi Andy,

An example single context configuration was included in the 1.1 download. In the folder 'config_sgl_cxt'. This is the updated version of the 1.0 single context config that is hosted on the website. You will need to replace your config folder with this one, and run the relevant SQL on your database. This is more detail on this in the first few steps here: http://ark.lparchaeology.com/ark-examples/.

As you note, the 1.0 configs available on the website are not compatible with 1.1, there are plans to update the stratigraphic units config. In the meantime, you could download the 1.0 config and follow the steps for upgrading to 1.1 here: http://ark.lparchaeology.com/how-to-upgrade/.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Michael Johnson MSc
Digital Archaeologist

L - P : Archaeology

Tel: 020 7770 6045
The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, London E1 6QL
Chester: 01244 313 100  East of England: 01284 754 859 Marches: 01938 559 610

www.lparchaeology.com
IfA Registered Archaeological Organisation

Andy Walsh

Feb 13, 2015, 9:34:31 AM2/13/15
to arku...@googlegroups.com, andy....@gmail.com, stua...@lparchaeology.com
Excellent, have it up and running now.