OJS plugin for ARKs assignation

Yasiel Pérez Vera

Apr 22, 2021, 4:03:24 PM4/22/21
to arks-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone, my name is Yasiel Pérez, software engineer, and I wanted to share with the ARK community that I developed a plugin to assign ARK to articles, issues, and galleys for the Open Journal System (OJS). Plugin code is available on my GitHub (https://github.com/yasielpv/pkp-ark-pubid) and is compatible with OJS versions 3.X.X. For now, I have only put the translation in English and Spanish, but I have the intention to add more language to them. Any help from the ARK community to complement the other languages of the plugin is welcome.

I use the plugin in the Innovación y Software journal of which I am the editor-in-chief (https://revistas.ulasalle.edu.pe/innosoft). If you have any questions, queries, or need any assistance, do not hesitate to write to my email. Thank you very much for the support of John Kunze and Carlos Authier in this initiative.

Best regards,
Yasiel

--
Yasiel Pérez Vera
mobile:  +51 942 779 399

A Rafiq

Jul 28, 2021, 6:39:45 AM7/28/21
to ARKs

Dear Mr Yasiel,

I tried to use ARK plugin in our  OJS v 3.2 journal. In the ARK's setting page, url resolver we enterd was 'https://n2t.net'. But while we access the ARK link, it turned to url 'nlp.poltekkes-kdi.ac.id'.
Here is some exaples:

Any advices?

Thank you

Regards,
Rafiq

Yasiel Pérez Vera

Jul 28, 2021, 9:50:45 AM7/28/21
to arks-...@googlegroups.com
Dejar Rafiq, the resolver is the URL from the system that translate the ARK URL to the issue or article or document hosted in your journal. If you enter in this URL https://n2t.net/ark:/22917 you can see that N2T is translated any request that start with this URL to https://NLP.poltekkes-kdi.ac.id/ark:$id. For this reason, the URL is turned in this way. You can put as resolver another URL that translate correctly each URL. Also you can implement a system that perform this task. N2T just redirect the requested URL but it isn't implement a database associating ARK ID with the correct URL in the journal. This task should be doing the resolver. Software as Noid can be helpful to accomplish this task. The OJS plugin allow to you link the issue/article to ARK ID but not resolve the ARK ID in the journal URL.
Best regards
Yasiel

-- Enviado desde mi celular

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ARKs group. To post to this group, send email to arks-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to arks-forum+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/arks-forum?hl=en
---