Dev List

Guy Hunt

Mar 2, 2009, 9:40:38 AM3/2/09
to arkdev
Dear Developers,

We need to move admin/setup and user discussion over to the users list
and try to keep this list for actual development and developer issues.

Is everyone roughly in agreement with me about this?

I would like to circulate the proposed new user system on this list.

Cheers,

Guy

Stuart Eve

Mar 2, 2009, 9:51:35 AM3/2/09
to Guy Hunt, arkdev
Hi Guy

I think that originally this list is for the more technical discussions - essentially for ARK administrators who need help in configuring and setting up ARKs.

The ark-users list is for actual users of the ARK system (i.e. questions about how to use the front-end tools or what have you).

We also have an arkdevsvn list for people with SVN access (which can also be used for the very technical discussions). Guy, I have added you to this list.

Stu

Guy Hunt

Mar 2, 2009, 11:20:10 AM3/2/09
to arkdev
Thanks for that. The new user system consultation has now been
circulated ont he arkdevsvn list.

Stu, is there any chance that we could update the descriptions of each
group to make it clear what the purpose of each group is?

Guy

On Mar 2, 11:51 am, Stuart Eve <stuart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guy
>
> I think that originally this list is for the more technical discussions -
> essentially for ARK administrators who need help in configuring and setting
> up ARKs.
>
> The ark-users list is for actual users of the ARK system (i.e. questions
> about how to use the front-end tools or what have you).
>
> We also have an arkdevsvn list for people with SVN access (which can also be
> used for the very technical discussions). Guy, I have added you to this
> list.
>
> Stu

J. Andy

Mar 2, 2009, 2:03:17 PM3/2/09
to arkdev
Guy: I have changed this in the description of the arkdev group.