ARK indexes

Stuart Eve

Mar 17, 2009, 3:20:10 PM3/17/09
to arkdev
Hey (Andy)

I think we did some adjustments to some of the SQL calls and also put
some indexes on some of the SQL tables for Fasti that speeded up query
performance... I'm not sure that they got into the core code?

Can you post those fixes here, as I want to roll them out on the Chers
db.

Cheers

Stu

Andy Dufton

Mar 18, 2009, 6:48:51 AM3/18/09
to arkdev
Sorry about that, bringing a lot of the fasti items back into the core
as fasti is actually running on earlier than 0.6 and so I have to work
them in without just copying over. It is on the list of general ARK
admin to be tackled in the coming months.

In the meantime, here are the indexes (to be run as SQL straight from
phpMyAdmin):

CREATE INDEX cor_tbl_attribute_idx_item ON cor_tbl_attribute
(itemkey,itemvalue);

CREATE INDEX cor_tbl_attribute_idx_attr ON cor_tbl_attribute
(attribute);

CREATE INDEX cor_tbl_action_idx_item ON cor_tbl_action
(itemkey,itemvalue);

CREATE INDEX cor_tbl_action_idx_actor_itemkey ON cor_tbl_action
(actor_itemkey);

CREATE INDEX cor_tbl_action_idx_actor_itemvalue ON cor_tbl_action
(actor_itemvalue);

Not sure if it's worth looking into other indexing options for the
tables while we're at it, there could be other things to speed up
functions in non-fasti applications?

A.

Andy Dufton

Mar 18, 2009, 6:51:04 AM3/18/09
to arkdev
Also FYI Stu, if you need any further information about the 2009 round
of fixes implemented by CR there is a folder in 0282L on Morgana
called 'CR bugs 2009' that has his implementations in it, as well as
some of the stuff that Guy was working on.