Take a selfie screen persists after user aborts game

Charles Leffingwell

Sep 15, 2016, 11:31:54 AM9/15/16
to arisgames
So we are getting feedback about the way we have set up our games, and there is a circumstance that is troublesome to our users.

We utilize the time-saving approach of having a QR Code to start the game directly from the ARIS Login screen.  Many of our games also block the 'Leave Game' option, but we instead put a tab into the game that allows an early exit if desired, and logs the (random) user out.

The trouble is that users on a rare occasion are kicked out of the game (glitched out) without logging out, or users who have a bit of Apple savviness use the 'double home button click-swipe' App closure process to exit the game.

In these cases, when these users restarts the ARIS App, they get the prompt to take a picture, save the picture, enter a name save it, etc... and the user must access the tabs and log out, to get back to the normal ARIS log in screen.  Users who are used to getting into a game via QR code, don't want to take a picture, and keep trying different ways to cancel.  To them it seems as if they are stuck in an endless loop and they start doing stuff like resetting the iPad or deleting and reinstalling the App, etc.

I was wondering if there is a way the App could be improved to somehow cancel the picture taking process and reset the App to show the basic login screen.