Re-arranging triggers in a scene

Craig Brumwell

Aug 25, 2016, 7:07:04 PM8/25/16
to arisgames
I see Chris doing this in the Vimeo Editor 2.0 video but I can't seem to do it. Suggestions?

Charles Leffingwell

Aug 29, 2016, 10:31:23 AM8/29/16
to arisgames

There was a point a while ago where you could move the stuff around in a scene, but I think even at that time (when the video was made) the changes in arrangement did not persist the next time you edited the game.  That was the case for scenes too for a while but now with the scene arrows added, if I re-arrange the scenes, the arrangement persists when I edit the game the next time.

That is a really nice addition to the editor!

When there is a lot of triggers in a scene, it would definitely be useful to be able to edit the order in which they appear in the scene, but I don't think that is built into the current editor (yet)

Christopher Holden

Aug 29, 2016, 2:53:47 PM8/29/16
to aris...@googlegroups.com
Charles is correct. We do not yet have it to where you can use the scenes as organizers of triggers. I would really like to see this happen. Scenes were intended to make the map-organizing common in ARIS 1, where authors would lay things out in grids not having anything to do with the map to organize them, less of a hack in ARIS 2, but we haven't gotten it all the way together yet.

You are part of the ARIS authoring discussion group.
To post: email aris...@googlegroups.com

Craig Brumwell

Sara Ringbauer

Aug 30, 2016, 11:10:18 PM8/30/16
to arisgames
Craig,

I second this request!  We have multiple conversations within each of our scenes and it does get very confusing to track them.

Sara