QR Codes

emilyr...@monroe.k12.wi.us

Nov 14, 2016, 10:52:49 AM11/14/16
to arisgames
Hello! I am trying to use QR codes to trigger conversation threads, but it doesn't seem to be working. The game will not proceed past the initial conversation and then a scan of the QR code says that it does not link to anything. Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Christopher Holden

Nov 14, 2016, 11:30:24 AM11/14/16
to aris...@googlegroups.com
My guess, without knowing more about the game you've made, is that you have triggers across many scenes, but no way to transport your player among them. As a result, the player can only access the triggers in the scene where they start.

Another guess, that you're not hitting the save button after setting the QR code. It can be a bit hidden there at the bottom of the panel.

Again, I don't know if these are your difficulties, but thought I'd guess. If not, see if you can tell me more and share screenshots of what you've got in the editor. I'll try to keep sleuthing.

Finally, you should know that most people are likely no longer listening here. There are some new forums at fielddaylab.org/forums. You can sign in there with your ARIS account.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 8:25 AM, <emilyr...@monroe.k12.wi.us> wrote:
Hello! I am trying to use QR codes to trigger conversation threads, but it doesn't seem to be working. The game will not proceed past the initial conversation and then a scan of the QR code says that it does not link to anything. Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

You are part of the ARIS authoring discussion group.
To post: email aris...@googlegroups.com