Dropbox discontinuing html rendering

Christopher Holden

Sep 1, 2016, 2:38:31 PM9/1/16
to aris...@googlegroups.com
In the past I've used my public folder in Dropbox to host html for my ARIS games. It looks like this is no longer going to work in a couple weeks. Last week, I noted that Mozilla's thimble looks like a good place to do this (though I have only dipped a toe in). It used to be possible through Google Drive too, but it was a complicated procedure I never really figured out and it might too be sunsetted. If you do need hosting, maybe Reclaim Hosting, with plans including domain and hosting start at $20/yr. would be an option. Any other ideas?

Charles Leffingwell

Sep 2, 2016, 8:57:20 AM9/2/16
to arisgames
We noticed this too.  Another case of people abusing the feature ruining it for everyone.  Apparently lots of malware was being hosted using the feature.  We are moving to having our own domain and site.  Like you said, they are fairly cheap these days.