this weekend: Living on Earth

Ari Daniel Shapiro

Sep 30, 2011, 11:10:50 PM9/30/11
to ari...@googlegroups.com
Friends +

Hello!  I've got a story airing on Living on Earth this weekend.  You can find out how to tune in here, and I'll have the audio available on my website on Monday.

In E.B. White's classic children’s book, Charlotte the barnyard spider saves Wilbur the pig from becoming roast pork for Christmas dinner.  She does it by weaving a web with words designed to discourage the farmer intent on his feast.  It turns out there are spiders in Montana spelling out a very different kind of message.  And to see it, you just have to look closely.

This story is part of the audio series One Species at a Time.

Thanks!
ari