The World

Ari Daniel Shapiro

Oct 10, 2012, 10:40:22 AM10/10/12
to ari...@googlegroups.com
Friends +

Every Wednesday, for the next 6 weeks I'll have a different story airing on The World.  Stories about using hair to fight crime, dog personalities, and enhancing your brain to do better at math.  As for my story today:

+++
What makes us human?

We humans are exceptionally good at manipulating our environment, but what makes us so successful compared with other primates? Our intelligence? Our opposable thumbs? A clever experiment conducted in Africa and Europe suggests another answer: our social skills.
+++

I'll have the audio posted on my website later today, but you can check out a few links to the story there in the meantime.  And for the next month and a half, I'll be posting a new story from this series on my site.

Thanks!
ari