TODAY: The World

Ari Daniel Shapiro

Jun 12, 2012, 3:31:06 PM6/12/12
to ari...@googlegroups.com
Friends +

38 years ago, Cyprus broke in two. The Mediterranean island country remains divided today, although there are some residents who just aren’t aware of the split.  I'm talking about the sea turtles.  They nest on both sides of the island, and they end up falling through the cracks in the midst of all the political strife.  My story airs today on The World about 40 minutes into the hour-long broadcast.

Also, I recently created four audio slideshows to profile the work of Boston College scientists who received a prestigious fellowship, awarded to those “who show the most outstanding promise of making fundamental contributions to new science.”  The scientists do work ranging from molecular evolution to the neuroscience of moral judgment.  You can watch the pieces on my website here.

Thanks!
ari