TODAY: All Things Considered

1 view

Ari Daniel Shapiro

Oct 26, 2011, 1:47:44 PM10/26/11
to ari...@googlegroups.com
Friends +

Science is expensive.  Labs in the U.S. can easily spend millions of dollars each year on equipment, chemicals and supplies.  But for scientists in the developing world, these costs are often prohibitive.  And that's where a clever idea has made all the difference.

My story airs on All Things Considered today at about 10 minutes before the end of the second hour (that is, 10 minutes before the end of the show).

Audio and photos will be available on my website shortly.

I also have a story airing this weekend on Living on Earth, about 40 minutes into the hour.  In brief: Sometimes you stumble upon an animal that’s just plain bizarre.  So bizarre that it redefines what you even mean by the word “animal.”

Thanks!
ari