TODAY on PRI's The World: Black hole collision proves Einstein right

Ari Daniel

Feb 11, 2016, 4:29:51 PM2/11/16
to ari...@googlegroups.com
Friends +

Today is a really special day.

A century ago, Einstein predicted something called gravity waves — ripples in the fabric of space and time.  We've had the equations, but we've never observed them.

Until today.

A team of 1000 researchers from around the world have directly detected their first gravity wave.  And it's not just about proving Einstein right.

This will give us an entirely new way of observing the universe, possibly allowing us to look back to just moments after the Big Bang.

My story airs today on PRI's The World.  I'll have the audio available on my website tomorrow.

ari