TODAY! ~ All Things Considered

Ari Daniel

Feb 12, 2014, 1:53:48 PM2/12/14
to ari shapiro
Friends +

Today is Rosa Finnegan's birthday.  She's turning 102 -- she was born in 1912, the year the Titanic sunk.  "Sometimes I feel as though time has gone by so fast," she says.

This afternoon, on NPR's All Things Considered, Rosa reflects on a powerful encounter that she had a few months ago in her nursing home.  She says that even after more than a century, there are still things -- important things -- that she's learning about herself.

Rosa's story was produced by me and Caitrin Lynch.

I'll have the audio available on my website by tomorrow morning.

Thanks, and happy birthday, Rosa!
ari