in-place-editor doens't open visibly on top of the new sentence

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Alex W.

未读,
2017年8月24日 07:03:322017/8/24
收件人 argunet-users
Thank you for bringing to life a tool like argunet. I am very excited to be employing it regularly for our work.
However, I have encountered a rather basic error: An in-place-editor does not open visibly on top of the new sentence. Not even right-klick and "edit..." open up a visible editor. In the argument map I can only see and change a sentence's title.  Is this a known issue with a known fix?

Your help would be very much appreciated, since our institution is eager to be using argunet for upcoming projects.

Thank you,
Alexander Wanitschke
(installed on 64bit Windows)

Gregor Betz

未读,
2017年8月24日 08:47:202017/8/24
收件人 argune...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch!

So, you don=E2=80=99t get this sort of editor?

=
http://www.argunet.org/working-with-argunet/ch02s03.html#screenshot-inplac=
e-editor-argument

That=E2=80=99s the in-place editor. It allows you to change the =
description of an argument. In order to input an argument's =
premiss-conclusion structure, you have to double-click an argument node.

Best,

Gregor
> --

Alex W.

未读,
2017年8月25日 10:24:532017/8/25
收件人 argunet-users
Hi Gregor,

thank you for your quick response. Indeed I do not get this in-place-editor for a sentence, neither after creating a brand new sentence nor by right clicking + "edit..." on an existing sentence. The same is true for arguments. Those I can only edit by opening the more detailed argument editor which opens up on the right side of the window.

However: Even though right click + "edit..." on a sentence does not visibly open up the in-place-editor I can change a sentence's title though changes aren't shown while I type, if that makes sense. Adding a description is entirely not possible. If this is not a known issue, I will try installing Argunet on another machine and get back to you if the error persists.

Thank you for your work and effort!

Best, Alex

Alex W.

未读,
2017年8月28日 09:04:512017/8/28
收件人 argunet-users
Hi Gregor,

I have looked into the problem together with our IT and network administrator. The essence of the problem seems to be the fact that using ARGUNET under Windows 7 with a standard user account does not grant access to all necessary Java functions, thus the invisible in-place-editor for a sentence. Using ARGUNET with full administrator rights however seems to work just fine and appears to provide full functionality. At least it has remedied the issue described. We have implemented a temporary work-around now but any feedback would of course be greatly appreciated. Maybe we have missed something.
The described problem does not appear to be true for Windows 10, by the way.

Thank you and kind regards,
Alex

Sebastian Cacean

未读,
2017年8月28日 09:49:332017/8/28
收件人 argunet-users
Hey Alex,

thanks for the information, since we weren't aware of this issue! Did you install Argunet via the installer file? If so, another work-around might be to use Argunet via the zip-archive file of the program. Just unzip the file into some directory you have write-access to and start it from there. This should, hopefully, solve any problems due to missing admin rights.

With kind regards,
Basti
回复全部
回复作者