Re: Issue 23 in argparse: Feature Request: Positional Argument Aliases

1 view

argp...@googlecode.com

Jul 11, 2010, 7:42:29 AM7/11/10
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 23 by HaiZaar: Feature Request: Positional Argument
Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

I'm voting for this feature as well. It will be great to have it!

argp...@googlecode.com

Jul 11, 2010, 4:08:07 PM7/11/10
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 23 by adrian.sampson: Feature Request: Positional
Argument Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

I recently hacked together a sort-of-working solution for aliases in
argparse. It's not very pretty, but it works:
http://gist.github.com/471779

I think this issue tracker is supposed to be shut down, though -- should I
open a bug on Python's bug tracker for this request?

argp...@googlecode.com

Jul 12, 2010, 1:09:09 AM7/12/10
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 23 by HaiZaar: Feature Request: Positional Argument
Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

I'm not a maintainer, but sure, go ahead a open it, especially if you have
a patch working.

argp...@googlecode.com

Jul 12, 2010, 3:35:16 AM7/12/10
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 23 by steven.bethard: Feature Request: Positional
Argument Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

Yes, that's right, please post patches, bugs, etc. to the main Python
tracker. Feel free to assign it to "bethard" when you do. I'm hoping to get
some time to get caught up on all the argparse bugs at EuroPython.

argp...@googlecode.com

Jul 12, 2010, 4:12:27 PM7/12/10
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 23 by adrian.sampson: Feature Request: Positional
Argument Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

Great! I've filed the bug over here:
http://bugs.python.org/issue9234
(Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to assign the issue to you.)

Let me know if you'd like me to put together a more polished patch.

argp...@googlecode.com

Jul 23, 2010, 6:52:43 AM7/23/10
to argpar...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #7 on issue 23 by steven.bethard: Feature Request: Positional
Argument Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

Moved to http://bugs.python.org/issue9234

argp...@googlecode.com

Feb 14, 2011, 7:21:48 PM2/14/11
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 23 by treyst...@gmail.com: Feature Request: Positional
Argument Aliases
http://code.google.com/p/argparse/issues/detail?id=23

as 9234 is resolved now, are there any chances of a new release of the
standalone argparse for those of us stuck in legacy 2.6 land?

argp...@googlecode.com

Mar 26, 2011, 5:14:02 AM3/26/11
to argpar...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 23 by steven.b...@gmail.com: Feature Request:

It's not likely - I just don't have enough time for argparse these days to
both maintain the one in the standard library and to release it externally.
Have you tried just using the argparse.py from the Python 2.7 library
directly?