Emails will not load download to POP3 client

jimj...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 5:54:13 PM1/27/22
to ArGoSoft Products
I had problems with the email server this week and so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  That fixed the problems for the webmail clients.

All of the POP3 clients were able to download the backlogged emails except for 1 client.  In her case the download stays stuck on "Downloading 1 of 188"  etc.  The 188 number increments as more emails are received in that inbox.

I have done all the tools in the maintenance section which all completed successfully.  I have deleted all the trash and junk and compacted the folders on the client's POP3 installation.  The result is that this one client still cannot download her emails.

Any suggestions about what else to attempt?  The client is using the latest edition of Thunderbird POP3.

Thanks,

Jim

ArGoSoft Products

Jan 30, 2022, 7:15:58 PM1/30/22
to ArGoSoft Products
The only thing I can think of, possibly, is one of the email messages is locked by some anti-virus.

If you have an anti-virus installed on your server computer, can you temporarily disable it and see if it fixes the problem?

Thanks
Archie

jimj...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2022, 11:19:51 PM1/30/22
to ArGoSoft Products
Thanks Archie!

I will try that tomorrow.

Jim

tim cornatzer

Jan 31, 2022, 6:51:22 PM1/31/22
to jimj...@gmail.com, ArGoSoft Products
I've had an email stop things up like that. I went into the webmail to delete the bad email.

jimj...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2022, 4:17:08 PM2/8/22
to ArGoSoft Products
I tried turning off the antivirus and that did not work.  I had deleted emails from the time around when the emails quit downloading and that did not work.  This morning I went in to the mailbox of the account on the server and deleted even more emails and the client texted me saying that emails were downloading again.

No clue which email was the problem or even what was the fix but in the end POP3 is working again for that account.