Restore users possible

cng...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2021, 9:20:39 PM8/17/21
to ArGoSoft Products
For reasons still not root caused, we were forced to load a new install of our email server. We are back up and working, but we had to build the system as new. Is there any way to read/restore the original messages from the user files/database?

Thanks

Dan

ArGoSoft Products

Aug 17, 2021, 10:03:32 PM8/17/21
to ArGoSoft Products
Hi Dan,

If you are using SQLite, and you have old data from

C:\ProgramData\ArGoSoft\MailServer.Net

just stop the new installation of server, and overwrite everything with old data.

With SQL server it is more complicated.  You can overwrite the data the same way, but you will have to properly attach the database and specify the correct connection string.  Database, by default, is located in

C:\Program Files\ArGo Software Design\ArGoSoft Mail Server .NET\

Archie