DKIM - stream is not in valid format

CCS

Aug 2, 2019, 10:30:35 PM8/2/19
to argosoft...@googlegroups.com
Archie,

I think I have setup DKIM correctly with the public key published to DNS for corporatecomputingsolutions.com as well as the private key in the ArgoSoft mail server 1.2.0.0 GUI under DKIM-outgoing.  I have the selector 55555 entered.  When I click the 'Test Keys' I get 'Stream is not in valid format'.  Anything I can try to get this working?

I validated the DKIM DNS entry for corporatecomputingsolutions.com with selector 55555 at https://www.mail-tester.com/spf-dkim-check

Thank you very much for your support.

CCS

Aug 17, 2019, 3:18:11 PM8/17/19
to ArGoSoft Products
What does 'Stream is not in valid format' mean?  I want to get DKIM working.  Thanks.

ArGoSoft Products

Aug 20, 2019, 9:48:00 AM8/20/19
to ArGoSoft Products
So, it happens only when doing test?

Possibly, I am missing something there, the feature is relatively new.  Can you try to regenerate new key pair and try again?  Possibly, there is some extra space or extra character somewhere.

CCS

Aug 23, 2019, 12:15:27 PM8/23/19
to ArGoSoft Products
Got it.  DKIM works now.  I had copied a wrong key-pair (from a certificate).  Here is how I generated the working DKIM key-pair...

openssl genrsa -out private.key 1024
openssl rsa -in private.key -pubout -out public.key

I may switch 2048 or higher, but my DNS host requires breaking up into multiple records.

Now I have DMARC working also.

Thanks again.