ClamAV upgrade

jimj...@gmail.com

May 20, 2022, 7:37:10 PM5/20/22
to ArGoSoft Products
I am running ClamAV on the email server.

When freshclam runs to update the signature files I get a warning that the scanning engine is out of date and to update it.

How do I do that?  Only coherent instructions I find are for Linux.

1.  Do I stop ClamAV and just copy the executable to the same folder? And restart.

2.  Uninstall ClamAv entirely and reinstall?  Saving the .cfg files probably.

3. Other

Thanks,

Jim

ArGoSoft Products

May 21, 2022, 6:17:05 AM5/21/22
to ArGoSoft Products
Hi Jim,

I stopped using ClamAV myself a while ago.  I am using SpamAssassin, it also does virus checking.

I can't find Windows information either, I suspect, they no longer support it, but you should stop the server and execute the command fresh-clam, or similar.  It is in the same folder as the antivirus itself. It will update virus definitions.

Archie

jimj...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2022, 5:26:33 PM6/5/22
to ArGoSoft Products
Thanks for the reply.  I have freshclam run twice a day with scheduler.  I also run SpamAssassin.

Jim