Filings with hyphenated format= attributes create nan results

Bill Palmer

Aug 28, 2021, 4:01:54 PM8/28/21
to arelle...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed that, in Arelle,  the SEC Renderer is not able to render certain transforms because "ixt:num-dot-decimal" is used in format= attributes... instead of expected "ixt:numdotdecimal"(no hyphens). Several other ixt: names are also improperly hyphenated.

Two examples are DollarTree and Lowes latest filings. Source code indicates these were created using Workiva / WDesk.

On the SEC web site these are somehow properly transformed despite the erroneous format= attributes. But Arelle leaves these numbers unreported and instead renders them as "nan"?

Bill P

Duffy, Chuck

Aug 28, 2021, 4:46:34 PM8/28/21
to arelle...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bill

numdotdecimal is from an older transform registry: https://www.xbrl.org/Specification/inlineXBRL-transformationRegistry/REC-2015-02-26/inlineXBRL-transformationRegistry-REC-2015-02-26.html

num-dot-decimal is from a newer transform registry: https://www.xbrl.org/Specification/inlineXBRL-transformationRegistry/CR-2019-04-19/inlineXBRL-transformationRegistry-CR-2019-04-19.html

There is no “expected” in terms of format attribute as the value is completely extensible. ixt is a namespace prefix, and is just shorthand for the full URI for the actual namespace.   The ixt: prefix in the xhtml file points to the URI for the registry used.

If the SEC Website is renders correctly, and your version of Arelle Desktop does not, then I suspect your Arelle Desktop is out of date, because the SEC web site rendering is based on Arelle….

--

---

Bill Palmer

Aug 28, 2021, 5:36:51 PM8/28/21
to Arelle-users
Thanks, Chuck... I agree it must be my out-of-date Arelle....I will try to update things and see.

Maybe good to have this happen as an object lesson for both fragility caused by cosmetic standards changes, and, also, failure on my part, the user's part, to update Arelle after a year has passed. :)

Bill P