Option to Open Web fails for SEC recent filings

Bill Palmer

Aug 26, 2021, 5:26:23 PM8/26/21
to arelle...@googlegroups.com

Duffy, Chuck

Aug 26, 2021, 5:29:58 PM8/26/21
to arelle...@googlegroups.com

This is just from an open using Desktop Arelle?

--

---

Bill Palmer

Aug 26, 2021, 5:54:39 PM8/26/21
to Arelle-users
Yes, I am using the desktop app on Windows 10. After a pause in use since a year ago... so I do not know when this "Forbidden" state began.
I have tried other companies besides MSFT.

In the end I need to use the .zip and have that control... but the SEC should not be restricting so technology is conveniently accessible.

Eric Jones

Aug 26, 2021, 10:29:43 PM8/26/21
to Arelle-users
This is likely due to changes the SEC made to try to prevent bots. The user-agent has to be set on these requests.