Non-Nillable elements validation

Angad

Mar 25, 2024, 8:02:12 AMMar 25
to Arelle-users
Hi,

I made a custom taxonomy using the excel sheet and I have an element for which, nillable is false. However, when I make an instance without this element and validate it, Arelle does not throw a validation error.

I would be grateful if you could help me with this.

Kind Regards,
Angad

Austin Matherne

Mar 25, 2024, 10:57:19 AMMar 25
to Arelle-users
Hi Anged,

When you say "an instance without this element", do you mean there are no facts reported in the instance for the element, or that there is a fact reported for the element, but it has a nil value?

Kind regards,
Austin Matherne

Angad

Mar 26, 2024, 6:17:11 AMMar 26
to Arelle-users
Hi Austin,

When I say nillable, I mean no fact is reported in the instance for the element.

Regards,
Angad

Austin Matherne

Mar 26, 2024, 9:57:48 AMMar 26
to Arelle-users
Hi Angad,

In that case there shouldn't be an error reported. A non nillable concept requires that any facts reported with the concept must not have nil values (xsi:nil attribute with value true), not that there must be facts reported for the concept.

Kind regards,
Austin Matherne