Incorrect impementation of fact duplication validation

Holger O.

Oct 21, 2021, 9:25:27 AM10/21/21
to Arelle-users
Hi,

it appears that Arelle has an incorrect impementation of fact duplication validation:
Example:
fact 1:
value: 127255000
decimals:-3

fact 2
value: 127254000
decimals:-3

To my understanding, those two facts should be validated as consistent duplication. Arelle reports this as inconsistent facts.

Regards
Holger

selg...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2021, 11:23:11 AM10/21/21
to Arelle-users
I might be wrong, but those facts look inconsistent, both have same @decimals=-3, but different values (difference of 1000 / 1 after rounding), that is considered inconsistent according to Handling Duplicate Facts in XBRL and Inline XBRL WGN, (section 2.2 third paragraph from the bottom). We cannot use closed interval in this case, and the value interval will be:
fact 1 interval = [127254500, 127255500)
fact 2 interval = [127253500, 127254500)
Which do not overlap.