xbrlDB Functionality/Technical Question

Homi

Sep 17, 2021, 5:31:58 AM9/17/21
to Arelle-users
Hello to everyone, I have some questions about xbrl-DB plugin and how it works.

If while importing to a database with the DB plugin, something goes wrong, so that the transactions gets interrupted / abandoned, what's going to happen?

Is it going to roll-back and undo the already imported data?
Is it going to leave it as it is? So, is the plugin running under a single transaction across all tables?

    If there is not a single transaction - would re-importing it gives a complete result merged with the previous semi-imported data?

Also what if i load the same file more the once? are we going to have to duplicated data?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

selg...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 12:45:54 PM9/17/21
to Arelle-users
For importing, I think everything is committed to the database at the end of the import, so if the process is interrupted, nothing gets committed to the database (nothing written to the db).
There is a procedure that checks for duplicates in the code, so ideally no duplicate reports should exist, not even duplicate elements. Best way is to check for yourself with your setup, in a new database try importing same report twice, and check results.