Element duplication not throwing error

Angad

Mar 7, 2024, 5:04:06 AMMar 7
to Arelle-users
Hi,
I made a custom taxonomy with an element as follows:
<element
      id="dcm_ARF6"
      name="ARF6"
      nillable="true"
      substitutionGroup="xbrli:item"
      type="xbrli:monetaryItemType"
      xbrli:periodType="instant"/>

I have two duplicate elements in my instance as follows:
<context id="Context1">
<entity>
          <identifier scheme="http://www.sec.gov/CIK">0000866729</identifier>
  <segment>
<xbrldi:explicitMember dimension="dcm:CountryDimension">dcm:UnitedKingdom</xbrldi:explicitMember>
</segment>
        </entity>
        <period>
          <instant>2012-02-15</instant>
        </period>
      </context>

  <unit id="USD">
<measure>iso4217:USD</measure>
   </unit>

  <dcm:ARF6 contextRef="Context1" unitRef="USD" decimals="1" >50.2</dcm:ARF6>
  <dcm:ARF6 contextRef="Context1" unitRef="USD" decimals="1" >20.5</dcm:ARF6>

However, when i upload it and validate my instance doc, arelle does not throw an error.

Could you please assist me with this.

Regards
Angad Khurana

Austin Matherne

Mar 9, 2024, 11:08:02 AMMar 9
to Arelle-users
Hi Angad,

Many jurisdictions have specific validations for this (such as the SEC). You can enable SEC validations by enabling their plugins and selecting an EFM disclosure system. Base XBRL validation won't report an error for inconsistent facts because there isn't a base spec requirement for it. In newer versions of Arelle you can enable duplicate fact validations independent of jurisdiction validations from the tools menu.

Kind regards,
Austin Matherne

Angad

Mar 11, 2024, 1:55:32 PMMar 11
to Arelle-users
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response. By base taxonomy was indeed different. ts all clear now.

Regards,
Angad