AREADNE 2010 Call for Abstractrs

John Pezaris

Mar 5, 2010, 6:53:50 PM3/5/10
to AREADNE Conferences
AREADNE 2010

Research in Encoding and Decoding of
Neural Ensembles

June 17 - 20, 2010
Nomikos Conference Center
Santorini, Greece

http://www.areadne.org
in...@areadne.org

CONFERENCE MISSION

This conference will bring scientific leaders from around the world to
present their recent findings on the functioning of neuronal
ensembles. It will provide an informal yet spectacular setting on
Santorini in which attendees can discuss and share ideas outside of
the presentations at the conference center. Finally, this conference
continues our long term project to form a systems neuroscience
research institute within Greece to conduct state-of-the-art research,
offer meetings and courses, and provide a center for visiting
scientists from around the world to interact with Greek researchers
and students.

FORMAT AND SPEAKERS

The conference will span four days, in morning and early evening
sessions. Confirmed speakers include experts in the field of
multi-neuron experiment and analysis (in alphabetic order):

David Anderson (Caltech),
Helen Barbas (Boston University),
Carlos Brody (Princeton University),
Matteo Carandini (University College London),
Jose Carmena (University of California Berkeley),
Bob Desimone (MIT),
Tim Ebner (University of Minnesota),
Adrienne Fairhall (University of Washington),
Eb Fetz (University of Washington),
Tamar Flash (The Weizmann Institute of Science),
David Freedman (University of Chicago),
Georgia Gregoriou (University of Crete),
Melina Hale (University of Chicago),
Michael Hausser (University College London),
Jeff Lichtman (Harvard University),
Nikos Logothetis (Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics),
John O'Keefe (University College London),
Cathy Ojakangas (University of Chicago),
Bijan Pesaran (New York University),
Hans Scherberger (German Primate Center),
Maneesh Sahani (UCL Gatsby Institute),
Alcino Silva (University of California Los Angeles),
Wolf Singer (Max Planck Institute for Brain Research),
Mike Shadlen (University of Washington),
Irini Skaliora (Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens).

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

We are currently soliciting abstracts for poster presentation.
Submissions will be accepted electronically, and must be received
by March 12, 2010. Automated email acknowledgment of submission
will be provided, and manual verification will be made a few days
after submission. Notification of acceptance will be provided by
March 30, 2010.

Please see our on-line Call for Abstracts at
http://areadne.org/call-for-abstracts.html for additional details.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Nicho Hatsopoulos, Co-Chair
John Pezaris, Co-Chair
Catherine Ojakangas
Yiota Poirazi
Thanos Siapas
Andreas Tolias

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

For further information please see the conference web site
http://www.areadne.org or send email to in...@areadne.org.

--
Dr. J. S. Pezaris
AREADNE 2010 Co-Chair