NEW! Heart O' Texas Calf Scramble and Showmanship

Area 6 FFA Association

Aug 9, 2022, 1:07:42 PMAug 9
to area-6-ffa-discussion

Hello,

I hope you’ve enjoyed your summer! As we get closer to fall, I wanted to take this time to let you know about the new opportunities at the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo this year.

First and foremost, we are thrilled to announce that the PRCA will be holding the Inaugural Permit Finals from October 7-9. With these three additional nights of rodeo, we’ve added another Calf Scramble event called the Scramble Stampede. This brand-new event promises high energy and high payouts. Selected scramblers will compete in a three-day long tournament for the chance to win $1,000, $2,000, or $5,000 purchase certificates. We will start with 16 scramblers. On day one, they will compete to catch eight calves and a $1,000 purchase certificate. On night two, those eight scramblers return in an attempt to catch one of four calves and an upgraded $2,000 purchase certificate. Then, on the final night, the last four scramblers standing return to the arena to race after one calf and a $5,000 purchase certificate.

We will still host our traditional Calf Scramble from October 11-15, and the Chute-Out on October 16. Students are allowed, and encouraged, to submit applications for both events. Students selected for the Scramble Stampede will be removed from the applicant pool for the Calf Scramble & Chute Out. For more information on both events, please visit https://bit.ly/HOTCalfScramble

Also, new this year, the Heart O’ Texas Livestock Show will host the Showmanship Showdown. We decided our showmanship classes needed an update. We’ll still have the same three age divisions, junior, intermediate, and senior. We’ll still give away awards and prizes in those age divisions, but this year the top three from each division will come back for a “grand drive” to determine the Overall Grand Champion and Overall Reserve Champion Showman for additional awards. With this change in format, this year students will need to pre-register (for no charge) for the Showmanship Showdown with their livestock entries. We will also be hosting the Showmanship Showdown on move-in days this year. For more information and to review our schedule, please visit https://bit.ly/3Njp8xD

I understand this is a lot of information, but we hope you are as excited as we are. If you have any questions, please contact us at live...@hotfair.com or 254-776-1660.

Thanks,

Hannah Eichman

Director of Agricultural and Competitive Events

Extraco Events Center

Home of the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo

www.hotfair.com | www.extracoeventscenter.com

--