Please feel free to delete this email if you do not have any livestock validation responsibilities.
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: County Extension Agents - ANR and 4-H
Agricultural Science Teachers
SUBJECT: Texas 4-H/FFA Major Show Lamb and Goat Validation Ordering Information
The 4-H/FFA Sheep and Goat Validation of Texas Program is requesting that validation orders be made for market lambs, market goats, commercial/wether dams, commercial/wether does, breeding sheep, and breeding goats. In preparation for sheep and goat validation, please note some very important reminders below.
Major Show Lamb and Goat Validation:
- Major Show lamb and goat validation fees and ordering process can be found online at: https://www.texaslivestockvalidation.com
- Please submit only ONE order per county. This should be submitted by the County Validation Chairperson.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You will notice on the ordering screen that you are able to see selections for different species of livestock in which you may not be the chairperson (ie. market steers and breeding heifers). Please ONLY submit an order for the species in which you serve as the validation chairperson. This could mean that you indicate a number for only one specie/division, or up to four species.
- Your login information for https://www.texaslivestockvalidation.com is the same as your HLSR access code and the code used for Heifer Validation. You may contact our office to retrieve this password.
- Once logged on, select “Manage My County/Chapter” and type the number of tags you need to order in the text box to the right of the species in which you serve.
- Validation fee for Major Show Breeding and Market Lambs and Goats:
- $15 per head August 1-31, 2022
- $25 per head September 1 – October 24, 2022
- Physical Validation – October 1-31, 2022
- Payment will be due at the time of invoicing, not ordering. Invoices will be sent on September 5th for orders placed on or before the deadline. Late orders will be invoiced as orders are completed and mailed out. Please send payment with the invoice for each ordering period.
- The Validation Chairperson that submitted the order will be the contact that is invoiced for the validation fee for the entire county.
- REMEMBER: you will not be able to order tags/UINs if there is an outstanding balance for your account. That said, all invoices from previous seasons must be paid before you can order for this year! You may view/pay this balance by selecting Manage My County/Chapter and scrolling to the bottom of the page under the sections titled Validation Invoice History. If the status reads unpaid, these will need to be paid at this time.
- MARKET LAMBS AND GOATS VALIDATED FOR THE 2022 STATE FAIR OF TEXAS MUST BE REVALIDATED FOR THE 2023 SPRING MAJOR SHOWS. The purple “Texas 2023” validation tags will not be accepted for market lambs and goats at the 2023 Major Shows.
- In 2021, Texas Lamb and Goat Validation announced the introduction of the Roll-over Breeding Sheep and Breeding Goat program.
- For example, any BREEDING animal validated during the State Fair 2021 validation period is eligible to be exhibited by that/those exhibitor(s) through the State Fair 2024 show season. IF OWNERSHIP CHANGES, THEN THE ANIMAL MUST BE RE-VALIDATED. Please see the Validation Guidelines for more details.
- THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO MARKET LAMS AND GOATS!!!
Realizing this is a very busy time for each of you, we wanted to ensure that you have these dates and changes in mind so you may begin contacting families within your county. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions regarding the validation process!
Youth Sheep and Goat Program Associate
Texas Sheep and Goat Validation
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
7887 US Hwy 87 N
San Angelo, TX 76901